|Small Press and self-publishing advice|
|The following is a synopsis of all the steps necessary for successfully publishing a book. Further research on each point can easily be made on the internet.
1) Write a good book. Don't just write a book as a way to make money. Write a book that comes from your guts. Write a book that expresses your soul. Write a book that will inspire, heal and challenge the reader.
2) Apply for an ISBN for the book.
3) Copyright the book.
4) Apply for a CIP (cataloguing in publication) listing. This information is used by libraries and goes on the inside of the first page of the book.
5) Have your book professionally edited. This is extremely important.
6) Submit pre-publication (ABI) information to Bowker, at www.bowkerlink.com
7) Have the book printed either by a conventional printer, or print-on-demand service.
8) Send galley copies to pre-publication reviewers.
9) Create a sell-sheet, and/or pamphlet to send to bookstores and libraries.
10) Design a website, or join a book site where you can have a page of your own. Submit your site to search engines after making sure it is search engine friendly.
11) Establish distributors for your books.
12) Place your books in on-line stores.
13) Promote and/or publicize your book in any way you feel comfortable.
14) Send out post publication review copies, and/or ebooks to reviewers.
15) Believe in yourself, and in your creation.
16) Continue on with our path, no matter what.
|Jack Haas is the owner of Iconoclast Press (www.iconoclastpress.com), and the author of four books:
THE WAY OF WONDER: a return to the mystery of ourselves,
IN, AND OF: memoirs of a mystic journey,
ROOTS AND WINGS: adventures of a spirit on earth, and
THE DREAM OF BEING: aphorisms, ideograms, and aislings.
|Go to Iconoclast Press home page.|
Other options at amazon.com